The Automotive Clinic - Auto Repair and Service
Center abides by the ASE-Certified Technician’s Code of Ethics
Technician’s Code of Ethics
1. I will strive to produce nothing but first-class
2. I will take advantage of every opportunity to
increase my knowledge/skills concerning the work I am doing. I will
dedicate myself to lifelong learning.
3. I will use only those materials that are proven to
be safe and recommended by the manufacturer.
4. I will recommend to an owner only that work on the
vehicle which I believe to be necessary.
5. I will treat an owner’s vehicle as I would my own.
6. I will attempt to correct any honest mistake made by
another technician, without damaging the reputation of that person or
7. I will conduct myself so as to maintain and increase
the public respect for all ASE-certified technicians.
8. I will practice Service Integrity, which means that
to the best of my ability I will always work for the best interest of
the owner, my employer and myself.
National Institute for
101 Blue Seal Drive, SE, Suite 101 • Leesburg, VA 20175